sbobet ไหนดีสุด_เครดิต ฟรี ล่าสุด _123เบ็ต
Profile of an MHFA Police Instructor
- Experienced public safety professional with credibility to a police services audience
- Knowledge of mental health and police interactions
As a MHFA Police course instructor you:
- may deliver the MHFA Police course
- may deliver the course on behalf of your organization or as an independent operator
- will be supported by the MHFA Canada team
- will have access to course updates and materials
Criteria and Expectations
Because participants in an MHFA Police course will have questions and experiences that go beyond the core content of the course, it is essential that our instructors have the background, skills, and attitudes that will allow them to be effective in their role and inspire confidence in their groups.? The following are the essential criteria for being considered as an MHFA Police instructor:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a uniform or civilian police services role
- Good knowledge of mental health issues
- Experience delivering training/facilitating effectively to adult learners
- Knowledge of the range of mental health services
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm to reduce stigma/discrimination associated with mental health issues
How to Apply
Submit a completed MHFA Police Instructor Application Package online, including:
- Thorough answers to the questionnaire
- A current resume
- A letter of support from your organization OR two references if applying to be an independent operator
Please note that the application must be submitted through our website. Handwritten applications will be returned.
We will review and respond with one of the following next steps:
- Based on our criteria and expectations, you are approved to attend an MHFA Police instructor training course and the next step is for you to tell us which course you would like to take
- We need more information and possibly a phone interview
- Based on our criteria and expectations, you are not approved to attend an MHFA Police instructor training course at this time and you are encouraged to re-apply in a year when gaps in knowledge, attitude, or experience are addressed.? Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are not always able to provide specific feedback to applicants though we will always strive to do so.
- This course runs for 4 consecutive days, normally Monday to Thursday and all upcoming public courses are listed on our website.
- Successful applicants will attend the 4-day instructor training course of their choice (space permitting).??
- All MHFA Police instructor courses are delivered by an experienced and engaging Master Trainer.
Prior to beginning the 4-day course you will complete the online modules associated with MHFA Police.
The MHFA Police course is modeled by the Master Trainer.? Candidates attend the full day.
DAY 2 and 3
MHFA Police instructor candidates discuss effective facilitation, classroom management, course administration topics.? As well, candidates practice delivering sections of the course to their peers.
At the end of Day 2, each candidate is provided with a section of the course (usually 25?minutes in length) that she must present to the group on Day 4.?
Candidates deliver a 25-minute section of the MHFA Police course to their peers.? Each candidate will use the materials provided by MHFA Canada including handouts, PowerPoint slides, and course manuals.?
Upon completion of each presentation, the candidates will provide peer feedback.
Once all presentations are completed, candidates will learn whether they are approved to become MHFA Police instructors.
Candidates on the MHFA Instructor training course are assessed for their ability to prepare and deliver a section of the MHFA course to their peers.? Assessment consists of a combination of how well:
- The candidate understood the content of the section she delivered.
- The candidate delivered the section, including engagement with the group, effective adult learning techniques, appropriate tone, professionalism, and approachability.
- The candidate prepared for their presentation.? It shows when a candidate does not put in the work in the evenings or use the Master Trainer’s experience and accessibility.
- The Master Trainer’s evaluation of the presentation is the foundation of the assessment.? Candidates also give and receive peer feedback.
MHFA Canada Master Trainers
An MHFA Master Trainer is responsible for guiding candidates through their weeklong course to become an MHFA instructor.? Master Trainers demonstrate effective course delivery, assign sections of the course to be delivered by candidates, and provides constructive feedback and assessment of their performance.? Ultimately, the Master Trainer determines whether a candidate has the proficiency required to be an effective MHFA instructor.
Our Master Trainers have varied life experiences, and each has a base of knowledge and awareness of mental health that makes them a valuable and impactful mentor through the MHFA instructor training course.
Cost of Training
The cost of the MHFA Police?instructor training is $2400.? This includes the four day training, an Instructor Resource Kit, and after training support from MHFA Canada, namely:
- Access to the Instructor's online portal
- New and updated resources
- Discussions with other instructors
- Updated course materials
- Updated administrative forms
- All public courses are posted on the mhfa.ca website
- Instructor profile posted on the mhfa.ca website
- Ongoing program evaluation
- Support from the MHFA Canada team
Course fees are paid by credit card or cheque and are payable upon successful review of application.
Participants are responsible for the cost of their travel and accommodation.? Light lunch is included in the course fees
A fee of $300 is charged for cancellations received 4 weeks in advance of the course date.? A fee of $750 is charged for cancellations received less than 4 weeks in advance.?? If notice is received after the course date or the registrant does not show for the course, no refund will be made.
MHFA Instructors must adhere to all clauses listed in the MHFA Instructor Policy Handbook.? This includes:
- Meeting minimum annual requirements to maintain certified status
- Three courses per year and ongoing refresher activities
- Maintaining fidelity to the MHFA course content and delivery as presented during the MHFA instructor training course
- Adhering to provincial and national privacy laws as it regards the collection of personal information from participants
- Meeting administrative requirements both before and after course delivery